The Cauldron Brighton
We also welcome walk-in customers at all times for both our sunny outdoor beer garden and indoor seating area. We have a healthy section of draft beers and a seasonal cocktail menu—come in for a signature potion, potent pint or goblet of wine :D
In celebration of our Grand Opening, we are offering a limited number of custom-made “Everlasting Magic Wands,” which will hang in the Cauldron Brighton on a commemorative plaque and display your (or your loved one’s) honorary wizard name forevermore.
Join our Magical Community
How it works
Potion Making at The Cauldron® Brighton is a social-distance friendly, immersive class where you step into the imagined worlds of your childhood through molecular mixology, science & technology.
Spell Casting 101: After receiving a technology-filled magic wand, you cast a pouring spell with your wand to receive a welcome drink from the maw of a magical creature. Your wand is the key to interacting with the space around you!
Potion Making: You are then seated at a magic wand-interactive work station where you brew two molecular cocktails, each of which have different properties and effects.
- a welcome drink that you pour (mixed cocktail or mocktail),
- two molecular cocktails (or mocktails) that you brew, and
- the 1hr 45min interactive experience.
What else to know?
- Please note that you may be sat opposite other Wizards on the same table!
- You will receive one magical wand per table to use during the experience.
- Additional drinks can be purchased online before your visit for a discounted rate or while in the venue at full-price.
- The Potions Experience is largely self-guided, but a potion’s master is on-hand to make sure that you don't poison yourself!
- All potions can be made with or without alcohol and we have a range of vegan and gluten-free drinks available.
For groups of 14+ or private hires please get in touch.
This is our standard ticket as described above, but offered at a discounted rate for students over the age of 18. This ticket type is offered on specific days and times, and only redeemable with a valid Student ID and government-issued photo ID upon entry. It's tough being a student—save where you can!
This ticket type is for magical whelps below the age of 18 (anyone under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult 18+ with a valid adult ticket). This is a non-alcoholic version of the Potions Experience, however the person using this ticket must be below the age of 18 to be valid. If the person is 18 or older, the bearer will be charged the difference in cost for the Adult ticket while in the venue. We offer this ticket type only at specific days and times, and we do not run this offer during our peak service or into the Witching (Happy) Hour for boozy wizards who are enjoying purely alcoholic libations.
- e-Ticket Voucher only (no paper ticket or gift wrapping): Use this option if you want an electronic Ticket (e-Ticket) Voucher with no paper ticket or gift wrapping. This is the completely digital option, and is this is the most popular selection.
- e-Ticket Voucher + Paper Ticket Gift Wrapping: Use this option if you want a paper ticket with gift wrapping mailed to you to accompany an e-Ticket voucher. This is a good option if giving tickets as a gift, as there is something physical to give the recipient.
- Paper Ticket Gift Wrapping add-on to pre-purchased e-Ticket: Use this option if you have already purchased an e-Ticket Voucher and want to have a paper ticket with Gift Wrapping sent to you in the mail.
- Adult Tickets (age 18+):
- Off-Peak Ticket: £32.99 per person
- Peak Ticket: £36.99 per person
- Super Peak Ticket: £39.99 per person
- Student Ticket (age 18+):
- Off-Peak Ticket: £26.39 per person
- Peak Ticket: £29.59 per person
- Child Ticket (age 18-): £20.99 per person
- Potion Making Bundle (age 18+):£100.00 per bundle (4 adults)
- Adult Tickets (age 18+):
- Off-Peak Ticket: Sunday, Wednesday, Thursday (all day) & Friday (last booking 3:00pm)
- Peak Ticket: Friday (5pm - close)
- Super Peak Ticket: Saturday all day
- Student Ticket (age 18+):
- Off-Peak Ticket:Sunday - Thursday (all day), Friday (until 5:00pm) [not including special event dates]
- Peak Ticket:Friday (from 5:00pm) [not including special event dates]
- Child Ticket (age 18-): Wednesday, Thursday, Sunday (last booking 6pm)
- Potion Making Bundle (age 18+): Monday - Thursday (all day) [not including special event dates]
The Cauldron Brighton is located at 1-2 Clarence Gardens, Brighton, BN1 2EG. View on Google Maps.
Location: This booking is at The Cauldron Brighton 1-2 Clarence Gardens, Brighton, BN1 2EG. View on Google Maps.
Format: The Cauldron Magical Experience® is largely self-guided, but a potion’s master is on-hand to make sure that you don't poison yourself! Please note that you may be sat opposite other Wizards on the same table!
Age: All regular potion making tickets are valid for persons of legal drinking age and above ONLY (18+) and may require valid photo ID to be redeemable. For Child (under age 18) sessions, ensure that you have correctly selected a "Child" ticket type. Student tickets are only for people over the age of 18 with a valid Student ID. Children under the age of 5 are not permitted in the venue.
Payment: Payment will be in advance through our website or on-site.
Rescheduling: To reschedule your booking you must contact us no less than 48 hours in advance of your booking. Unfortunately we cannot reschedule bookings with fewer than 48 hours notice. Rescheduling is subject to date and time availability. Please see our Terms and Conditions for more details.
Ticket Refunds: Tickets are non-refundable but are transferrable to another person. Please see our Terms and Conditions for more details.
Our co-founder began his career as a reading teacher with Teach for America, and so a love of reading is at our core. Some may even call it fun-damental to our experience. ;) We invite you to bring a copy of your favourite childhood book, which we collect and donate to reading classrooms in Brighton.
☆ ☆ ☆
All Adult and Student Potion Experience tickets are valid for persons of legal drinking age and above ONLY (18+) and may require valid photo ID to be redeemable. Child sessions are also available for witches and wizards under the age of 18 (must be 7+) on specific days.
☆ ☆ ☆