Lead Hardware Design and Embedded Devices Engineer
Our Lead Hardware Design Engineer will be a core part of the Cauldron’s team and lead the concept creation, architecture, design, development, validation, and support for the technology within the Cauldron. This person will oversee the adaptation and production of hardware and connected devices that we will test and implement in the pub.
The ideal candidate has a very strong background in hardware, application design and development for connected and embedded devices, and can work collaboratively. Growth mindset is a must.
Employee share options available.
- Design the Cauldron’s future products by owning architecture selection, engineering requirement specifications, electrical design, and validation
- Work with the Cauldron’s founder and other team members to deliver successful products to market according to deadlines
- Take ordinary objects apart, bewitch them, and put them back together
- Use proven engineering methodologies to fully understand and solve complex problems
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Electrical/Computer/Software Engineering
- 3+ years work experience in consumer electronics/embedded systems design with strong electrical engineering fundamentals, including ability to design, prototype, and bring products to market
- Experience working with Connected Home or Internet of Things devices
- Experience with embedded systems, sensor design, low power design, audio, and various RF technologies
- Experience working with touch-sensitive devices
- Experience with 3D Printing- metal and other materials
- Must enjoy being hands-on in the lab and want to be in the details (soldering, tinkering, getting dirty)
- Aptitude in programming for reliability and testability
- Hands-on experience in prototype bring-up and debugging, functional verification, and manufacturing support
- Experience with batteries and power design topologies
- Experience with python scripting, C++, or other programming language
- Experience working with magnetic fields and super magnets
- Contagious enthusiasm and passion for engineering
- Experience leading a team of developers
- Experience with hackathons and startup competitions
- Position will require frequent international travel and active involvement in leading Magical Hackathons
The Cauldron values diversity in any way that it can be defined. Come as you are! We welcome any qualified applicant; need not be from the UK. We want to build the best team possible and if that includes you, please get in contact!