The Cauldron Chicago
Join our Magical Community
Experience a molecular Potions Class that brings magic to life. But don't delay, Wizard, because our menu changes with the seasons. Here's what we're brewing at the moment...
Autumn Term Standard Offering
Brewing from Oct 2 to Jan 8
Immerse yourself in the dark enchantment of The Reaping, a haunting celebration of the harvest, hearth, and the thinning of the veil between worlds.
--> Book for Autumn Potions
Brewing from Nov 27 to Jan 7
A twisted Christmas experience, where the fantastical worlds of holiday legends and dark fairytales collide.
Adds 1 Limited Edition Christmas potion option to The Reaping menu
--> Be notified about the release of Christmas Potions
The Cauldron Membership
Pay up-front at a discount up to 50% and get tickets for each term throughout the year, member's discounts, an Everlasting Magic Wand displayed in your home venue, and preferential access to the best experiences before we open them to the public.
--> Learn More & Purchase
About the Potions Class
Potion Making at The Cauldron® Chicago is an immersive class where you step into the imagined worlds of your childhood through molecular mixology, science & technology.
Spell Casting 101: After receiving a technology-filled magic wand, you cast a pouring spell with your wand to receive a welcome drink from the maw of a magical creature. Your wand is the key to interacting with the space around you!
Potion Making: You are then seated at a magic wand-interactive work station where you brew two molecular cocktails from a selection of options, each of which have different properties and effects. Our Interactive Potions List will seasonally change.
- a welcome drink that you pour (mixed cocktail or mocktail),
- two molecular cocktails (or mocktails) that you brew, and
- the 1hr 45min interactive experience.
What else to know?
- Please note that depending the size of your group, you may be sat opposite other Wizards on the same table!
- You will receive 1 magical wand per 3 magical beings to use during the experience.
- Additional drinks can be purchased online before your visit for a discounted rate or while in the venue at full-price.
- The Potions Experience is largely self-guided, but a potion’s master is on-hand to make sure that you don't poison yourself!
- All potions can be made with or without alcohol and we have a range of vegan and gluten-free drinks available.
- Gratuity is not included in the Ticket Prices. A check that displays the full amount spent with 20% standard gratuity applied is provided at your table upon the conclusion of your experience. This gratuity can be adjusted up or down at your discretion.
- Child tickets are only redeemable during specific time slots, and are not available for children below age 5.
Dining and Drinking
We offer table reservations inside our venue for drinking and dining. This is not the Potions Experience, but a table for drinking and dining! To view our Restaurant & Bar Menus click here. Please give us a ring at (732) 538-7630 to reserve a table. More info here!
For groups of 14+ or private hires please get in touch.
This is our standard ticket as described above, but offered at a discounted rate for students over the age of 21. This ticket type is offered on specific days and times, and only redeemable with a valid Student ID and government-issued photo ID upon entry. It's tough being a student—save where you can!
This ticket type is for magical whelps below the age of 21. This is a non-alcoholic version of the Potions Experience, however the person using this ticket must be below the age of 21 to be valid. If the person is 21 or older, the bearer will be charged the difference in cost for the Adult ticket while in the venue. We offer this ticket type only at specific days and times, and we do not run this offer during our peak service or into the Witching (Happy) Hour for boozy wizards who are enjoying purely alcoholic libations. The Potions Experience is only open to people above the age 5 and above. Bookings for people below the age of 5 will be turned away at the door.
- e-Ticket Voucher only (no paper ticket or gift wrapping): Use this option if you want an electronic Ticket (e-Ticket) Voucher with no paper ticket or gift wrapping. This is the completely digital option, and is this is the most popular selection.
- e-Ticket Voucher + Paper Ticket Gift Wrapping: Use this option if you want a paper ticket with gift wrapping mailed to you to accompany an e-Ticket voucher. This is a good option if giving tickets as a gift, as there is something physical to give the recipient.
- Paper Ticket Gift Wrapping add-on to pre-purchased e-Ticket: Use this option if you have already purchased an e-Ticket Voucher and want to have a paper ticket with Gift Wrapping sent to you in the mail.
- Adult Tickets (age 21+):
- Off-Peak Ticket: $49.99 per person
- Peak Ticket: $54.99 per person
- Super Peak Ticket: $59.99 per person
- Student Ticket (age 21+):
- Off-Peak Ticket: $44.99 per person
- Peak Ticket: $49.49 per person
- Child Ticket (age 5-20): $39.99 per person
- Adult Tickets (age 21+):
- Off-Peak Ticket: Monday - Thursday (all day)
- Peak Ticket: Friday and Sunday (all day)
- Super Peak Ticket: Saturday (all day)
- Student Ticket (age 21+):
- Off-Peak Ticket: Monday - Thursday (all day) [not including special event dates]
- Peak Ticket: Sunday (all day) [not including special event dates]
- Child Ticket (age 5-20): Monday - Thursday (last booking 5:30pm), Friday (last booking 4:00pm), Sunday 2:00-7:00pm)
The Cauldron Chicago is located at 1612 W Division St, Lower Level, Chicago, IL 60622. View on Google Maps.
Location: This booking is at The Cauldron Chicago 1612 W Division St, Lower Level, Chicago, IL 60622. View on Google Maps.
Format: The Cauldron Magical Experience® is largely self-guided, but a potion’s master is on-hand to make sure that you don't poison yourself! Please note that you may be sat opposite other Wizards on the same table!
Age: All regular potion making tickets are valid for persons of legal drinking age and above ONLY (21+) and may require valid photo ID to be redeemable. For Child (under age 21) sessions, ensure that you have correctly selected a "Child" ticket type. Children under the age of 5 are not permitted in the venue for Potion Making.
Payment: Payment will be in advance through our booking website.
Rescheduling: To reschedule your booking you must contact us no less than 48 hours in advance of your booking. Unfortunately we cannot reschedule bookings with fewer than 48 hours notice. Rescheduling is subject to date and time availability. Please see our Terms and Conditions for more details.
Ticket Refunds: Tickets are non-refundable but are transferrable to another person. Please see our Terms and Conditions for more details.
Robes: 1 Robe per person will be provided for your use when at the venue.
Ticket Cost Does Not Include Gratuity: Our potions masters work on gratuity, so if you have a great time, be sure to show your appreciation! A check that displays the full amount spent with standard gratuity of 20% is provided at your table upon the conclusion of your experience. This gratuity can be adjusted up or down at your discretion.
☆ ☆ ☆
All Adult and Student Potion Experience tickets are valid for persons of legal drinking age and above ONLY (21+) and may require valid photo ID to be redeemable. Child sessions are also available for witches and wizards under the age of 21 (must be 5+) on specific days.
☆ ☆ ☆