Wizard Afternoon Tea
Wizard's Afternoon Tea
Join our Magical Community
How it works
Wizard Afternoon Tea at The Cauldron® NYC is a social-distance friendly, interactive tea-brewing experience where you step into the imagined worlds of your childhood through the subtle science of tea brewing, molecular gastronomy, and technology. It has been specially designed for social distancing!
Spell Casting: After selecting your magic wand, you are led to an interactive work station where you cast spells with your wand to control your tea stand and open your locked puzzle chest, which contains your ingredients.
Tea Brewing: During your time with us you will brew two different types of interactive teas, the first of which focuses on transfiguration and second of which has been designed to encourage experimentation and iteration for finding the perfect blend for your palette. You can expect to be hands-on with your tea and use all of your senses.
Confectionary Delights: Your Wizard Afternoon Tea Experience includes a scone and a carefully curated selection of sandwitches, and desserts. These may be items you've never tried or even heard of before, and we've baked molecular gastronomy into this other-worldy tea experience!
Wizard's Afternoon Tea Tickets include:
- magic wand and equipment rental,
- two interactive teas that you brew,
- scone and a curated selection of sandwitches, and desserts, and
- the 1hr 45min interactive experience.
What else to know?
- Please note that you may be sat opposite other Wizards on the same table!
- Additional drinks can be purchased online before your visit for a discounted rate or while in the venue at full-price.
- The Wizard Afternoon Tea is largely self-guided, but a potion’s master is on-hand to make sure that you don't turn yourself into a frog!
- Please note that our cakes and desserts routinely change and so might not be the ones you see in the photos!
- Vegan and Gluten-free versions of Wizard Afternoon Tea are available, and must be requested in advance and at the time of booking, as additional preparation is needed.
- PLEASE NOTE THAT WE ARE UNABLE TO CATER TO NUT ALLERGIES. As our menus are pre-set and pre-ordered, we are unable to alter any menu items for personal preferences or dietary requirements outside of defined menus. Unfortunately, these requests will not be accommodated.
For groups of 14+ or private hires please get in touch.
Our signature Afternoon Tea experience for magical beings 11 years and under. This is a paired-back offering with only one tea and smaller portion sizes of food. Children below age 11 are also welcome to do the Arcane Wizard's Afternoon Tea, which has larger portion sizes and two interactive teas. Please note that age restrictions are strictly enforced.
This is our standard ticket as described above, but offered at a discounted rate for students. This ticket type is offered on specific days and times, and only redeemable with a valid Student ID and government-issued photo ID upon entry. It's tough being a student—save where you can!
- e-Ticket Voucher only (no paper ticket or gift wrapping): Use this option if you want an electronic Ticket (e-Ticket) Voucher with no paper ticket or gift wrapping. This is the completely digital option, and is this is the most popular selection.
- e-Ticket Voucher + Paper Ticket Gift Wrapping: Use this option if you want a paper ticket with gift wrapping mailed to you to accompany an e-Ticket voucher. This is a good option if giving tickets as a gift, as there is something physical to give the recipient.
- Paper Ticket Gift Wrapping add-on to pre-purchased e-Ticket: Use this option if you have already purchased an e-Ticket Voucher and want to have a paper ticket with Gift Wrapping sent to you in the mail.
- Arcane Wizard's Afternoon Tea (age 12+): $54.99 per person
- Student Afternoon Tea Ticket: $43.99 per person
- Little Wizard's Afternoon Tea (age 11-): $44.99 per person
- Arcane & Little Wizard's Afternoon Tea
- Monday - Thursday (last booking 2:30pm)
- Friday (last booking 12:30pm)
- Saturday - Sunday (last booking 10:30am)
- Student Afternoon Tea Ticket: Monday - Thursday (last booking 2:30pm) [not including special event dates]
- Alcohol may be purchased at an additional cost for any person of legal drinking age and above ONLY (21+) and may require valid photo ID.
- All people aged 12+ must choose the "Arcane Wizard's Afternoon Tea" ticket type, but children may select the "Arcane Wizard's Afternoon Tea" Experience for larger potion sizes.
- Individuals aged 16+ are able to attend an Arcane Wizard's Afternoon tea without adult supervision. Should any member of the party be aged 15 or under, they must be an accompanied by an adult aged 21+.
- A maximum of 4 people younger than age 21 may be left unattended.
- Children aged 15 and under may not be left unattended at any time and require their adult be present at all times and for the duration of their booking. This is a largely self-guided experience and children require their adult's assistance. Solo children will not be permitted to remain on premises—we will turn them into toads.
- Please note that The Cauldron does not have baby changing facilities
The Cauldron NYC is located at 47 Stone Street, New York, NY 10004. View on Google Maps.
Location: This booking is at The Cauldron NYC, 47 Stone Street, New York, NY 10004. View on Google Maps.
Format: Please note that Wizard Afternoon Tea is largely self-guided, but a potion’s master is on-hand to make sure that you don't turn yourself into a frog! Please note that you may be sat opposite other Wizards on the same table!
Warning: Teas are hot and may contain caffeine. Please note that we are unable to cater to nut allergies.
Payment: Payment will be in advance through our website or on-site. All prices, experiences, information and offerings are subject to restrictions, change or cancellation without notice.
Rescheduling: To reschedule your booking you must contact us no less than 48 hours in advance of your booking. Unfortunately we cannot reschedule bookings with fewer than 48 hours notice. Rescheduling is subject to date and time availability. Please see our Terms and Conditions for more details.
Ticket Refunds: Tickets are non-refundable but are transferrable to another person. Please see our Terms and Conditions for more details.
Robes: To limit customer-to-customer contact during this time, robes will not be provided upon entry. New robes may be purchased for use and to take home while supplies last, but we've decided to temporarily suspend our robe-to-borrow program. We hope you understand, as our primary concern is your safety.